As you are enjoying your long-weekend break in Australia, I thought I would
give you an article on email marketing you can contemplate over wherever
you are relaxing.
You could say it’s your long-weekend homework but gosh
I wouldn’t do that to you, would I ?
Let’s say it’s a long-weekend learning experience for you.
So here you go, read and digest these ten tips for maximum
email marketing wealth.
My Top Ten Tips Are:
1. Write a Subject Line which will make your intended audience click.
I have spoken about email subject lines in the past. It’s so crucial to
learn how to write them and how to use them. If you need more help
with subject lines click here: SUBJECT LINES.
2. Write your important items at the top of your email so those people
who read their emails in the ‘preview frame’ get to read your best part of
the message quickly.
Also many people read emails via their phones.
Make it easy for them too.
3. Check out your formatting. Leave white space. Keep line length to
around 60 characters. People would rather scroll down than across.
4. Write your emails as if you are talking to one person. Make it a
5. Focus on content they would like to receive. It’s about helping them.
6. See if you can offer something but remember it’s not always about
sales. You need to be able to add value to people’s lives.
7. Keep your image sizing down to a minimum. Try to get you images
around 72 dpi and keep them small in size. This way they will not clog
up your recipients inbox.
8. Make sure you know and understand what you can do and cannot do
by law. In Australia we use the Spam Act 2003 in the USA they use the
Can Spam Act.
9. Use a ‘PS’ at the end of the email. Two ‘PS’s’ work even better.
10. Try placing your picture at the end of the email.
Remember: “People Buy From Friends”
There you have it.
My top 10 email marketing tips for you to ponder over this long weekend.
Believe In Yourself