As I write emails for businesses as a living it has occurred to me at times why others don’t do it.
It can be business owners are too busy or not quite understanding of the effectiveness of email marketing so I thought I would put a few words together here.
Email is on the increase. You cannot open any social media account without an email address.
By 2019 research reveals 246 Billion emails will be sent daily. (Gees I hope they do not all come to me !)
For the ease of filing, and management then as of yet there is no substitute for email. (Just check how many email folders you have in your email program to know this is true.)
Whilst we can fancy emails up with pictures, graphics, and whizz bang templates, there are principles which must be adhered to if you wish your emails to be successful.
Here are six:
* Your subject lines need to gain attention. Make them catchy and relevant to your target audience;
* Segment your lists. Send the right message to the right person;
* Keep your content on track, don’t babble about different topics – one email = one message;
* Personalise your email messages where you can. Write to an individual although you are sending to many;
* Include a Call to Action. Give your recipients a reason why you are sending your email and what they are to do after reading it. After all you have interrupted their day;
* Be consistent and persistent. People will buy when they are ready. Not when you wish them to be.
If you wish to know more or want a hand with your email marketing then reply to this message.
I am happy to help out and my fees are reasonable for most businesses no matter what the size.
PS: Did you know many marketing agencies stay away from Christmas Sales??? They throw their money and energy at January.
PPS: Have you thought about marketing in January. If not… Again contact me and let’s get email marketing happening for you.
Believe in Yourself