and it could be you !
We are continually being told in the media we are facing tough times.
Yet, everyday something is being bought or sold because people NEED to
solve problems, or be rescued from trouble or quite simply their emotions were
too overwhelming which forced them to act.
In my previous emails I have detailed there are three Key Factors in
1. The List;
2. The Relationship with your list; and
3. The Offer you make to them.
Even more so when we are being told of ‘how tough it is’, these three Key
Factors come into play.
So, to help your customers decide to act with you, and build the relationship
you have with them, I am providing some additional email marketing help.
Use these extra 7 Tips: – They Will Work.
1. Make sure you are using an address your customer recognises. Be consistent.
The address is your FACE. It is the first part of your email campaign people see.
2. Ensure you are using a service provider which has the capacity to send out
your messages. Don’t use a company which has a dubious reputation or
cannot handle the traffic you wish to send.
(I once used a company which had electronically programmed you were
spamming if any more than 100 emails at a time were sent –
Obviously I don’t use them now.)
3. Provide your customers with a real email address for them to reply to.
You should have nothing to hide and encourage their interaction with you.
4. Respond to any requests you may receive straight away. Especially ‘unsubscribes’.
Some people will not hit the automatic unsubscribe button you have provided
and will email you with the request.Â Act promptly, efficiently and courteously.
5. Send out messages which will help them solve their problems or rescue them.
It’s not always about sales in the emails – it’s about building TRUST in the relationship.
If you get this right than the right offer will get to them.
6. Become their HERO. They will love you for it.Â Stay in contact and know how to
have a conversation with them.
7. Do this every week or at least fortnight – once a month is too long between
contacting you friends, so don’t do it with your customers.
PS: If you are looking for help with your campaigns – contact me – I will be happy to offer guidance.
PPS: Australia’s leading marketer Mal Emery inter-viewed me for one hour about email
marketing.Â Listen here.Â YES Kurt, I wish to listen to the inter-view.